Awhi Mai Awhi Atu – Action Point 59
How might you use the talents of the people in your church to promote healthy eating?
- Put together a church recipe book
- Run cooking classes for the community
- Have a vegetarian shared meal, or celebrate diverse cultures’ food Involve all ages!
- Food resources, Eco Church NZ: www.ecochurch.org.nz/food
- More recipes and tips at Love Food Hate Waste: www.lovefoodhatewaste.co.nz
- ‘Eat Low Carbon’ GenLess: www.genless.govt.nz/for-everyone/everyday-life/eat-low-carbon
- Research report ‘Healthy and Climate-Friendly Eating Patterns in the New Zealand Context’ Environmental Health Perspectives, January 2020: https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/pdf/10.1289/EHP5996
* * * * *
From the chapter A Tribe of Enthusiasts by Marie Preston
in Awhi Mai Awhi Atu, edited by Silvia Purdie.
Click for: More Details and to Order Print Books