Awhi Mai Awhi Atu – Action Point 78
Stop supporting the ‘fast fashion’ industry, with its massive pollution, waste and unethical employment practices.
- Provide a repair service so that clothes last longer.
- Celebrate second hand clothing, with fashion parades, clothes swaps etc.
- Find and promote local and ethical clothing sources.
- Learn more about environmental issues in the clothing industry.
‘Ethical Fashion Guide’ Tearfund NZ: www.tearfund.org.nz/ethicalfashionguide
- ‘Choose Slow Fashion’ GenLess: www.genless.govt.nz/for-everyone/everyday-life/choose-slow-fashion
- With a bit of research you can find out if clothes are being made by people who are underpaid, businesses that don’t have good work ethics, e.g. Good On You: www.goodonyou.eco
* * * * *
From the chapter In God’s Will by Skye Finlay
in Awhi Mai Awhi Atu, edited by Silvia Purdie.
Click for: More Details and to Order Print Books