My Sermon Response Journal
by Philip C. Garside
Print publication details
Published: June 2022
B/W text, 122 pp, 7″ x 10″
Paperback edition with white pages is available from us.
[A hardcover edition with cream pages
can be ordered from Amazon US & UK]
[2 soft cover copies in stock.
5 more due mid-July 2022]
for information about ordering and payment options, and our current postage charges.
Australian, UK and USA Customers
Please order via your respective local Amazon stores to save you postage:
Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.com.au
Please order via Amazon USA or UK
Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk
Note: We can’t supply this print-on-demand hardcover edition to customers direct.
- Would you like to engage more with your preacher’s messages?
- Are you looking for a simple and effective way to record your responses as you listen to the sermon / reflection / homily / address, or soon afterwards?
- Do you want an aid to help you reflect and act on their message during the following week?
My Sermon Response Journal is the perfect tool.
On each two-page spread you can write down the scripture readings, key points the preacher makes, and your immediate reaction to them. You are also prompted to identify how the message challenges you, actions you will take and the key idea you will take away from the sermon.
Himself a Methodist Lay Preacher, publisher Philip Garside recalls a discussion with an experienced minister who said that even preachers have trouble remembering the content of their sermons a couple of weeks later. So, write your responses to the sermon in your journal – during the service or when you get home – to capture the good news the preacher shared with you while it is fresh in your memory and heart.
As you fill the pages of your journal – there is room for 60 sermons – you will create a valuable record of the steps on your spiritual journey. And you will come to appreciate anew the skills and insights that your preachers gift to you week-by-week.
The journal is unlined, and its original design is uncluttered, with discreet headings to record the details of the sermon and prompt your responses to it.
My Sermon Response Journal is available from us in a paperback with white pages, and in a hard cover edition with cream paper from Amazon USA and UK.
About the author
Lay preacher, publisher and bookseller Philip Garside, supplies ministers, worship leaders and church members, with resources for worship and reflection that celebrate the spirit of our country Aotearoa New Zealand.
Also by Philip Garside
- HRLP5 Religious social and pastoral thought and activity
- HRAM Religious issues and debates…
- HRCS Christian spirituality and religious experience…
- HRCX6 Christian social thought and activity
- HRCV Christian life and practice…
- RCG9 Bible readings, selections and meditations
- HRCX4 Christian ministry and pastoral activity
- HRCR1 Christian prayer
- HRCM Christian theology
- QRMP Christian life and practice
- QRAM Religious issues and debates
- QRVS2 Religious social and pastoral thought and activity
- REL012020 RELIGION / Christian Living / Devotional
- REL012040 RELIGION / Christian Living / Inspirational
- REL012110 RELIGION / Christian Living / Social Issues
- REL067070 RELIGION / Christian Theology / Ethics
- REL074000 RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- REL012080 RELIGION / Christian Living / Prayer
- REL095000 RELIGION / Christian Education / Adult