Faith Evolving: A Patchwork Journey
By Trish McBride
eBook 3rd edition details
70,600 words. 218pp
Published: 6 September 2016
ISBN ePub: 9781927260562
ISBN Kindle: 9781927260579
ISBN PDF: 9781927260555
Payment Options to Buy from PGPL
- Phone us on (04) 475 8855 to tell us your Visa or MasterCard details and the titles you want to order. We will process your credit card payment here, OR
- Click the appropriate Add to Cart buttons for New Zealand or Overseas orders on each book’s page to order your books securely online via our PayPal shopping cart, OR
- Email us at email@example.com and we will email you an invoice so you can pay by online/internet banking or by posting us a cheque.
Note: All overseas customers who order direct from us must use our PayPal shopping cart
To Order via PayPal please click the appropriate Add to Cart buttons for the eBook format you require on each book’s page.
- Click a button to purchase in your preferred eBook format.
- You will make payment via PayPal.
- We will then send you an email with your eBook file as an attachment
- If you do not receive the emailed attachment within 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can now order print books and eBooks in the same PayPal shopping cart.
Click here to buy the Kindle edition at Amazon.com
Faith Evolving: A Patchwork Journey
Click here for Print-on-demand edition details.
Also by Trish McBride
Exploring the Presence: More Faith Patches
How is religious faith affected by our life’s experiences? NZ’s Trish McBride started with a traditional Christian faith. Over time this has evolved into a belief in a God who is free of denominational church boundaries. One poem and prose step at a time, Trish weaves the scattered patches of her life into a compelling narrative that will touch your heart, and invite you to ponder your own faith journey.
How is religious faith affected by our life’s experiences? Trish McBride started with a traditional Christian faith. Over time this has evolved into a belief in a God who is free of denominational church boundaries. One poem and prose step at a time, Trish weaves the scattered patches of her life into a compelling narrative that will touch your heart, and invite you to ponder your own faith journey.
“My purpose in assembling the first edition of Faith Evolving was two-fold: to fill a gap in the spirituality literature by offering a sample longitudinal study of an ordinary woman’s journey of faith, and to encourage readers to reflect on their own journeys. This edition has the same aims!
The hard times are well and truly over and life is enjoyable and mostly peaceful. Good health helps with that, as do plentiful silence, solitude and simplicity – and more quilt-making. Another ten grandchildren have come along, all delicious buds on the family tree.
For me now God permeates everything as Life-Force, and is personally communicating and relational in Jesus, my life companion, and is Holy Mystery. Perhaps this approaches what the Church Fathers were trying to get at when they defined the Trinity!”
From the Preface to the Third edition
“This book is divided into three sections, each prefaced with a reflection on how she perceives, retrospectively, her faith journey:
- Clothes-line Theology: 1974–1986
- After That: 1987–1994
- Turangawaewae: 1995–2005
The young adult Trish, who strived to fulfil the expectations of a traditional [Christian] marriage and parish, has passed through the crucible of pain and loss by 2005 to become a mature and joyful Trish. The God, who at the beginning is a demanding figure evoking total blind surrender, is by the end the One who seeks justice in solidarity with marginalised women and men, and who manifests not only in creation, but also as the Quiet within.”
Anne Hadfield PhD,
author and spiritual director
About the author
Trish McBride is a Wellington, New Zealand writer, spiritual director and retired counsellor. She has recognition as an interdenominational Associate in Christian Ministry, and has had ministry and chaplaincy roles (including workplace, hospice and mental health roles) in and beyond the church for over 30 years.
Writing highlights include an international religious journalism prize (London Tablet, 1994), publishing Faith Evolving: A Patchwork Journey (2005) which traces 30 years of her God-journey, and Exploring the Presence: More Faith Patches (2011). Trish wrote the lead article in the June 2016 issue of Presence, the Spiritual Directors International Journal, US, and has had numerous other articles published. She has also contributed to five of the Catholic-based series of NZ theology books published by Accent Publications.
She is passionate about Gospel justice for marginal people, the interaction of faith and mental well-being, recognition of common ground with other faiths, quilting, family, friendships and her 19 amazing grand-children.
Christian faith, spiritual journey, poetry, New Zealand, Wellington, living with an alcoholic, family life, counselling abuse, hope, stages of faith, mature faith
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women’s Issues
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious > Christianity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women’s Christian Living